University of Stavanger
- cand.scient., Univ. Oslo, 1980.
- assoc. prof. chemistry, Stavanger
- dr. philos., Univ. Oslo, 1987.
- prof. (chemistry), 1993-present.
Fields of expertise
- (bio)physical chemistry, reaction and enzyme kinetics, reaction kinetic modeling and nonlinear dynamics, control theory applied to (bio)chemical processes.
- experimental: Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction, Neurospora crassa circadian clock and enzyme reactions, instrumental analysis, molecular biology.
- theoretical: models to obtain integral control and homeostasis.
- papers on: models for circadian clock rhythms, temperature compensation, time measuring mechanisms, integrative aspects of controller motifs to obtain homeostasis. Participated in projects with respect to kinetics/mechanisms and modeling.
Current research topics
- Comparing performance of homeostatic controller motifs
- Interplay between homeostasis and circadian control
- Models for cytosolic Ca homeostasis and Ca signaling
- Cross talk between nuclei in the N. crassa circadian clock